November 22-23, 2014
Doctors Manitoba is committed to helping our members understand and deal effectively with disruptive physician behavior from both an individual and systems perspective. The complex issues that cause and influence this behavior can be difficult to manage; physicians increasingly assume leadership roles with little formal training in how to handle this type of behavior. Doctors Manitoba, the Canadian Medical Association and its leadership development program, Physician Management Institute (PMI), all want to change that.
Who Should Attend
You do NOT have to be a University Department Head or hospital bigwig to attend the workshop. This course is designed for ALL physicians by other physicians. It is open to both CMA members and non-members—you can bring your staff.
This course will equip you with the knowledge and skills to deal with disruptive physician behavior effectively. At the end of the course, you will be able to:
- Understand the nature and impact of behavior considered to be disruptive in health care organizations
- Identify the elements of organizational cultures that influence behavior
- Review the organization Code of Conduct and analyze its effectiveness in managing disruptive behavior
- Review policies and procedures for effectively managing behavioral problems in the workplace
- Employ prevention strategies to encourage respectful behavior in the workplace and reduce the incidence and impact of disruptive behavior
- Recognize the importance of personal resilience as a physician leader dealing with this complex workplace problem
Visit http://www.docsmb.org/disruptive-behaviour for further details including cost, registration and location.