The Exercise Vital Sign (EVS) is the most important vital sign you need to monitor with the majority of patients seen in primary care today. Explore the evidence on the impact of physical activity and exercise on your patient’s physical and mental health. Learn how to efficiently integrate the EVS into your daily practice and to provide basic exercise counseling and prescription for your patients to prevent, manage and treat chronic disease.
- Discuss the health benefits and safety of regular exercise with their patients.
- Use the exercise vital sign as part of periodic health evaluation.
- Provide basic exercise counseling and prescription for patients as part of the periodic health evaluation.
- Be able to utilize a motivational counseling framework for health behaviour change.
- Understand how to monitor aerobic exercise intensity and perform basic resistance exercises.
This workshop is being held in conjunction with the Manitoba Chapter of the CFPC Annual Scientific Assembly. Click here for details.