DEVELOPING AND LEADING SYSTEM IMPROVEMENT – PMI Physician Leadership Course
January 13 & 14 – 8 am – 4:30 pm
Deadline for registration is December 16. Register here: http://bit.ly/2eRk05v
Capability in quality improvement (QI) science is essential to meet the challenge of improving outcomes across the health-care system. As leaders playing a key role in engaging all health-care professionals, you must have practical experience with QI tools and methods. This course provides an introduction to QI methods, including a focus on efficiency and access, through lecture, small-group work and hands-on learning, where you will have the opportunity to develop a plan for improving an area of your own system.
Who should take this course
This course is open to anyone, particularly new or aspiring physician managers & leaders.
• Describe the theory and science of Quality Improvement (QI) in healthcare
• Discuss common sources of waste in healthcare
• Apply tools that reveal and explore patterns and processes within your system
• Explain and apply the Model for Improvement in healthcare
• Discuss techniques for identifying ideas for improvement / change in health care
• Apply course content to a quality improvement agenda in the context of your organization
Course fee: $500
CCME Credits: This program has been accredited by the College of Family Physicians of Canada for up to 13.0 Mainpro-M1 credits. This event is an Accredited Group Learning Activity (Section 1) as designed by the Maintenance of Certification program of The Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada and approved for a maximum of 13.0 credits. Participants should only claim credit for the actual number of hours attended.